Thursday, June 30, 2016

Top 3 Influential Summer Reads for Elementary Teachers

With each summer comes great intentions of making a dent in my "To Read" stack - or if I'm being honest, it's more like multiple stacks with a ton of board books and Mo Willems from my 11 month old stacked on top of that.

So, if I can't read them all, how should I prioritize my summer reading?  I've decided to focus on just three influential books that will not only be useful for me but that I can share with my colleagues:

Helping Children Succeed

In a follow up to his How Children Succeed, Paul Tough discusses how we as parents, teachers, and/or policy makers can develop the best enviornemnt to help children suceeed. 


Helping Children Succeed - In a follow up to his How Children Succeed, Paul Tough discusses how we as parents, teachers, and/or policy makers can develop the best enviornemnt to help children suceeed.


Learn Like a Pirate

Geared more toward elementary teachers, Learn Like a Pirate focuses on building a collabroative classrooms that allows students to activly engage in tasks, lead, work together, and foster a community of learning.  

Geared more toward elementary teachers, Learn Like a Pirate focuses on building a collabroative classrooms that allows students to activly engage in tasks, lead, work together, and foster a community of learning.


Visible Learning for Literacy

Visible Learning for Literacy breaks down fifteen years of research to provide clear ideas on what works in literacy instruction.  It focuses on how and when to implement these best research-based practices to help students dive deeper into their learning. 

Visible Learning for Literacy breaks down fifteen years of research to provide clear ideas on what works in literacy instruction.  It focuses on how and when to implement these best research-based practices to help students dive deeper into their learning.




I know I said three, but...

Paper, Romance, Symbol, Valentine, Love, Book, Day, Old


I'm also hoping to squeeze in DIY Literacy, Who's Doing the Work?, and Ditch That Textbook... and a few others too!


What are you reading this summer?  Give some suggestions in the comments section below!

Top Influential Summer Reads for Elementary Teachers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...