Saturday, July 13, 2013

Alastair Moock & His Daughter Clio

Using my NPR app I often explore various NPR stations from around the country.  (I do love my local KUFM, but it cuts to music at 9:00 am.)  Many stations are similar, but one that stands out is WBUR in Boston.  They have a pretty darn good line-up, and Thursday they brought this story: Alastair Moock Shares 'Songs For The World's Bravest Kids'

When Moock's daughter Clio was diagnosed with Leukemia, he began writing songs with her about her experience.  A few of these songs are highlighted in the NPR interview linked above.  The songs are upbeat but honest.  They range in topic from baldness, to fighting cancer, to jealousy.  His album can be found here: Singing Our Way Through: Songs For the Bravest Kids

If you know anyone who is going through an experience like this, I highly recommend giving his music a listen. 


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...