Thursday, April 7, 2016

I Saw an Invisible Lion Today: Quatrains Book Review

I Saw an Invisible Lion Today: Quatrains

Brian P. Cleary (Author)
Richard Watson (Illustrator)
Lerner Publishing Group
Children's Book

Publication Date: April 1, 2016


I Saw an Invisible Lion Today will make both you and your students (or children) smile. After a quick but easy to understand overview of what a quatrain is, the book launches into a variety of poems sure to make you smirk.  For those students who think poetry is too hard or that they could never write a poem with a rhyme scheme Oh, Wait! (page 24) is just the poem for them.

I Saw an Invisible Lion Today is packed with humorous poems and illustrations to match. My personal favorite for both content and illustrations is It's Raining Adjectives.

This book is great for a fun read or for an introduction to poetry, quatrains, or rhyme scheme.


If you’re interested in reading I Saw an Invisible Lion Today, you can purchase a copy here on Amazon



*A copy of this book was provided free of charge for an honest review.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...