Monday, September 23, 2013

Fall Word Family Leaves: A Fun Game & Literacy Center Idea

Autumn is officially here!  And it just might be my favorite time of year. 

The air gets crisp.  The leaves turn into a rainbow of reds, browns, and tans.  Football.  Hot chocolate. Curling up under a blanket with a good book... there is just so much to love!

To help celebrate fall in my classroom, I created a new literacy center: Word Family Leaves.

Students get to search through piles of leaves to find their word family words and record them on their sheet. 

My second grade kiddos played the game today and LOVED it.  (I do not point out, however, that they are essentially practicing a chore they may have to help out with in the next few weeks.)

If you're interested, Word Family Leaves is available in my TPT store.  You can access it here: Word Family Leaves.






Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...